Honey is one of the most versatile kitchen ingredients that find its use not just in cooking but in skincare, haircare, weight loss treatments, and other health conditions. In India mainly, honey is also used in religious ceremonies. Pure honey tastes sweet, smooth, and has a warm undertone that leaves one feeling refreshed and healthy. No matter how you consume honey – it is always wholesome, delicious, and full of health benefits.
With so many benefits that honey offers, it is natural to want to consume the best honey from the best brands. Since honey comes from entirely natural processes, organic honey is the best, and some top brands sell pure honey at affordable prices. However, this healthy food comes in so many variants that you can get confused. That is why we bring you the best honey brands in India. Pick your preferred one and watch your health and well-being go to another level.
How We Tested The Purity of Honey?
Our team at Indulge by GrabOn, tested the purity of honey from a variety of brands using three key methods. First with water, followed by vinegar and fire.
How to check the purity of honey:
#1 Method – With Water:
- In order to check the purity of honey, take a tablespoon of honey and add it to a plate containing water.
- If the honey dissolves in water, it is considered ‘not pure’.
- Please make note that pure honey stays together (as solid) when it is submerged in water.
#2 Method – With Vinegar:
- Add two to three spoons of vinegar to the plate.
- Then take a tablespoon of honey to test its purity.
- If you witness any foamy substance, you can be rest assured that the honey is not pure.
- This means that the honey may be diluted/adulterated with chemicals like gypsum.
#3 Method – With Fire:
- In this method, dip a tissue/a cotton ball in the honey to check its purity.
- Once you add/dip the honey, shake off/remove the excess honey, dry it for a while and burn.
- If you find the cotton ball catching fire/burns, it is considered pure.
- Impure honey usually does not burn as it contains excess water, which eventually keeps the honey from burning.
Note: We used a candle to burn the honey-dipped cotton ball.
Honey is best in its raw form. This organic honey can be differentiated based on the USDA Organic certification badge on the label. Need to know one brand that sells pure organic honey for you directly from the honeycombs? Merlion Naturals’ honey is unpasteurized, unprocessed and unheated. It is drawn out from the combs and packaged after simple filtration through a mesh or a nylon cloth. The brand sells honey that is really nutritious and keeps all the nutrition intact from pure honey. You can buy it from the Merlion Naturals website. The company started in 2017, also offers many other Personal Care and Dietary supplement products at an affordable price.
Read more >> https://www.grabon.in/indulge/health/best-pure-organic-honey-brands-india/#merlion-naturals